En esta nueva serie, los periodistas de la BBC te ayudan a practicar inglés con los titulares de las noticias de la semana. Mira el video y aprende nuevo vocabulario.
Titulares y transcripción en inglés
- Mudslide in Sri Lanka
- Art rescued from the sea
- Football heroes' welcome
Rescuers in Sri Lanka are searching for more than 200 families still missing after massive landslides following days of rain. The Red Cross says many people are feared buried in the mudslides that hit three villages in the central Kegalle district.
The story of how two lost cities of ancient Egypt were rediscovered is being told in a major new exhibition at the British Museum in London. Submerged under the sea for more than 1,000 years, their discovery is transforming historians' understanding of the deep ties between the ancient civilisations of Egypt and Greece.
And the new English football champions Leicester City are in the Thai capital, Bangkok, for a tour.… the team owned by a Thai billionaire. Players and staff (are) given a rapturous welcome by their new fan base there.
missing unaccounted for
submerged completely below the surface of the water
rapturous joyful, enthusiastic
Use one of the words or phrases from Lingohack to complete each of these sentences. Note that you may have to change the form of a word or phrase to complete the sentence correctly.missing / submerged / rapturous
1. A __________island that could be the source of the Atlantis myth was hit by a large earthquake and tsunami 12,000 years ago.
2. The marathon runner crossed the finishing line to __________ applause by the crowds.
3. The family of a man feared __________ on holiday in Peru, say they are growing increasingly concerned.
1. A submerged island that could be the source of the Atlantis myth was hit by a large earthquake and tsunami 12,000 years ago.
2. The marathon runner crossed the finishing line to rapturous applause by the crowds.
3. The family of a man feared missing on holiday in Peru, say they are growing increasingly concerned.