En esta nueva serie, los periodistas de la BBC te ayudan a practicar inglés con los titulares de las noticias de la semana. Mira el video y aprende nuevo vocabulario.
Titulares y transcripción en inglés
- More EU money for Greece
- Russian athletes' doping confirmed
- Friendly robots at Paris event
Eurozone finance ministers have agreed to unlock another $11.5bn worth of bailoutfunds to Greece. After marathon talks that ended in the early hours of this morning in Brussels it was also agreed to phase in debt relief in two years’ time – a key demand of the Greek government and the International Monetary Fund. The 19 ministers said the deal had been made possible by Greece’s continued economic reforms.
Fourteen Russian athletes have tested positive, now samples taken at the Beijing Olympics have been re-analysed. In just three weeks a decision is due on Russia’s participation in the Rio games. Athletes from 11 other countries have also now returned 'positives'. The IOC has said up to 31 athletes could be banned from Rio.
Now, we’ve tended to see robots as a threat, especially to jobs, as they become more and more capable, but at Europe’s biggest robotics event all the talk is about something called 'a cobot'. The idea is that collaborative robots will work with humans rather than replace them.
bailout funds: money offered by governments to save a failing economy or business
samples: small parts of something to be studied by scientists
collaborative: involving people working together
Use one of the words or phrases from Lingohack to complete each of these sentences. Note that you may have to change the form of a word or phrase to complete the sentence correctly.
bailout funds / samples / collaborative
1. Experience has shown that people are more __________ if there is a big reward for them.
2. The company wouldn't have survived the economic crisis without extra __________.
3. Terminally ill cancer patients are being asked to donate blood and tissue __________ to a study when they die.
1. Experience has shown that people are more collaborative if there is a big reward for them.
2. The company wouldn't have survived the economic crisis without extra bailout funds.
3. Terminally ill UK cancer patients are being asked to donate blood and tissue samples to a study when they die.