Kurdish and Iraqi forces say they have gained ground from Islamic State militants in northern Iraq and near Baghdad, amid intense US-led air strikes.
- Record skydive from the edge of space01:29
- Gun battles on streets of Lebanon01:10
- Roads become rivers: Floods shock Athens01:20
- How did UK man die in Syria air strike?05:57
- 'Putin is a bigger threat than IS'04:21
- US school shooting opens wounds01:00
- Spirit of revolution simmers in Kiev05:27
- Top EU officials bid farewell02:28
Other Top Stories
Scottish musician Jack Bruce, the bassist and singer with 1960s supergroup Cream, dies aged 71, his publicist confirms.
Egypt faces an existential threat from jihadists, the president says, after at least 31 soldiers are killed in two attacks in the Sinai peninsula.
Polls indicate that Sunday's parliamentary elections could be a big win for President Petro Poroshenko and his West-first orientation.
- Paris's Picasso museum reopens02:37
- Using Facebook to get a pay rise02:14
- Brazil's 'tightest' presidential vote02:56
- One-minute World News01:00
- Armed guard for polio workers02:28
- Sargy Mann: 25 years of painting blind04:34
- The smartphone that answers back01:22
- Could amputees re-grow lost limbs?03:06
Grand jury decision exonerating police could reignite unrest
Picasso Museum in Paris reopens after a five-year renovation
Who will prevail in Brazil's battleground state?
A selection of the top news photographs from around the world
How an iconic Indian football club fell on hard times
Does a good cause justify little girls using bad language?
India's arm's length PM mixes with reporters - a bit
Walk on the Wild Side's bass line cost £17, and more nuggets
- Johann Lamont resigns saying role 'questioned'
- Police hunt for missing sex offender Leanne Gilder
- Fourth Portsmouth man Mehdi Hassan killed in Syria
- Mike Tindall agrees settlement with Sunday Express
- Heathrow airport: Disruption after 'issues' with IT system
- Islamic State: Militants 'pushed back' in Iraq
- Iran's hanging of Reyhaneh Jabbari condemned
- Cream bassist Jack Bruce dies, aged 71
- How to reduce your Inheritance Tax bill
- John Cantlie: Islamic State hostage in fresh video
Last Updated at 18:10 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7380.67||Up||12.73||0.17%|