A deal to form a national unity government in Afghanistan has been signed at a televised ceremony in Kabul, ending months of political wrangling.
Kenya is marking a year since the attack by Islamist militants on Nairobi's Westgate shopping centre, in which at least 67 people were killed.
- On the Turkey-IS border as Syrians flee01:00
- UK hostage's wife in plea to IS militants01:23
- SpaceX rockets lifts off space station01:31
- Peruvian prison bank run by inmates01:34
- Silent streets amid Ebola lockdown02:16
- Yemen in UN truce with Shia Houthi 01:48
- Argentina president in Vatican talks01:06
- Prohibition plans for Kerala02:52
A two-week-old ceasefire between Ukraine and pro-Russia separatists in the east is a truce "in name only", says Nato top commander Philip Breedlove.
Scotland's first minister says "No" voters in last week's independence referendum were "tricked" by UK politicians' late vow of more devolved powers.
- Base jumpers leap from 370m bridge01:13
- Cheetah cubs unveiled in San Diego00:32
- Singing the Western Sahara blues04:20
- One-minute World News00:59
- River dwellers fear for their future02:00
- Metal ballet meets Games of Thrones 02:41
- Hiding currency in the Dark Wallet03:55
- Walliams joins SwimBritain relay 01:37
Background to the Westgate mall attack in 60 seconds
How Ebola has prevented the traditional Liberian handshake
How do you celebrate World Peace Day in Baghdad?
The power and allure of wearing red
Racism, spankings and an American legacy
Detroit cuts off water to non-payers of bills
Law enforcement's domestic abuse problem
Sarkozy II: Urgency, passion, devotion - plus self-awareness?
- Ukraine joins regional military unit
- UK hostage's wife in appeal to IS
- Afghan contender concedes presidency
- Kenya marks Westgate mall attack
- Ukraine deal with eastern rebels
- US waists 'grow an inch in a decade'
- The power of a red dress
- Day in pictures: 16 September
- Jack Ma: The man behind Alibaba
- Will Obama's anti-IS strategy work?
Last Updated at 04:10 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7508.95||Up||23.70||0.32%|