Nato accuses Russia of a "blatant violation" of Ukraine's sovereignty, saying it is engaged in direct military operations to support rebels.
- What is Putin's Ukraine strategy?
- Q&A: What is at stake?
- Media mull Western response
- Russian soldiers 'buried in secret'
- Russian tank in Ukraine
- Key players
The UN says Syria is now "the biggest humanitarian emergency of our era" with more than three million Syrians living outside the country as refugees.
- Nigerian Ebola death outside Lagos01:31
- IS 'kills scores' of Syrian soldiers02:10
- Nato images 'show Russians in Ukraine'01:02
- Rides and risks in huge California waves02:37
- US blames Russia for Ukraine violence02:48
- Israel tourism feels the strain02:31
- Qantas announces worst ever losses02:27
- MH370 search to begin in September01:39
Other Top Stories
Malaysia Airlines is to cut 6,000 staff as part of recovery plan after being hit by two air disasters this year.
The eurozone inflation rate falls to 0.3% in August, near a five-year low, adding to fears of a deflationary spiral in the region.
- Police seize gamer during live broadcast00:53
- Song of a four-storey 'earth harp'01:48
- 100-year-old tortoise is on the move01:10
- One-minute World News01:02
- Millionaires search Med for migrants03:18
- Brazil dismantles Amazon 'destroyers'01:12
- The website to help you do nothing
- Brad and Angelina marry in France01:55
Mercedes discipline Nico Rosberg following his collision with team-mate Lewis Hamilton in the Belgian Grand Prix.
Internet phenomenon or propaganda coup?
A mother's seven-year hunt for her son's killer
The millionaires who rescue people at sea
What new techs can reliably establish our identities?
How Obama in beige became the talk of the town
How Scottish national identity shook off its 'kilted straitjacket'
The odd objects looted by the British from Washington in 1814
Views from the US on children using guns
Is California about to run out of water?
Sunni rebels who helped Islamic State signal readiness to revolt
Last Updated at 08:10 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7378.19||Up||7.05||0.10%|