Devon

Plymouth woman trapped by nightclub sign

A Plymouth woman was trapped and injured when a large wooden nightclub sign fell on her.

She was walking along Union Street when the Reflex sign, about 30ft long and 3ft high, fell on her on Saturday.

The woman was taken to Derriford Hospital with a deep cut to the side of her head, which required several stitches.

The Health and Safety Executive has launched an investigation. No-one was available for comment from Reflex.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites