South Scotland

Woman badly burned in pheasant hatchery gas explosion

A woman has been badly burned after a gas heater exploded at a pheasant hatchery in the south of Scotland.

The incident happened on Thursday at about 1950 BST at the site near Clarencefield in Dumfries and Galloway.

A police spokesman said the 56-year-old victim had been taken to Dumfries Infirmary for treatment.

However, she was subsequently transferred to Glasgow Royal Infirmary where she remains in a serious condition.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites