Guernsey

Guernsey barbecue users warned after bin fire

A bin fire caused by the burning embers from a barbecue has led the States of Guernsey to issue a reminder about etiquette.

The fire service was called to the Grand Rocque on Thursday after the fire destroyed a public bin.

The States are warning people to ensure the embers are extinguished before putting barbecues in bins.

Deputy Peter Sirett said: "A little bit of thought can help reduce our costs and the costs to the tax payer."

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites