Stoke & Staffordshire

Man taken to hospital during Burton-upon-Trent fire

A man has gone to hospital with burns in connection with a fire involving a gas main at a Staffordshire warehouse.

More than 20 firefighters were called to Holland and Barrett, Vitality House centre, Sixth Avenue, Burton-upon-Trent, on Wednesday.

The man was taken by ambulance to Queen's Hospital.

Staffordshire Fire and Rescue, which was called at about 1215 BST, said the fire was an accident and was brought under control by about 1300 BST.

The incident happened in the first floor of a warehouse under refurbishment.

The gas main was isolated by an engineer.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites