Dorset

Light reflecting through windows starts Wyke Regis fire

Light reflecting through the windows of a conservatory on a flat in Dorset is thought to have started a fire which destroyed parts of the property.

Crews were called to Portland Road in Wyke Regis at about 1100 BST after several people called 999 and found the flat "well alight".

The conservatory and dining room were completely destroyed by the flames and the rest of the flat was badly damaged.

Nobody was inside the property at the time of the fire.

A spokeswoman for Dorset Fire and Rescue Service confirmed the cause of the fire was believed to be light reflecting through the conservatory windows.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites