Suffolk

Man suffers minor burns in Botesdale care home fire

An elderly man suffered minor burns after being trapped in a fire at a sheltered housing complex in Suffolk.

Bedding in a room caught light at the 20-bed Farnish House, Chapel Lane, Botesdale, Diss, on Wednesday night.

Residents had to use windows to escape because the burning bedding had been dragged into a corridor which was one of the main evacuation routes.

Firefighters rescued one man and led two others to safety from the smoke-logged building, the fire service said.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites