Danger warning over man sleeping in Goole bin
A homeless man narrowly escaped serious injury after he was found asleep in a bin in East Yorkshire.
The man was discovered in a 1,100 litre bin in Goole by council workers during a routine collection.
East Riding of Yorkshire Council said the consequences could have been "extremely serious" had the bin not been inspected before it was emptied.
Three people have been found dead at waste depots in Britain during bin unloading operations since May 2009.
Last month the Health and Safety Executive issued a warning about the dangers of sheltering in bins, saying it wanted people to "understand what the tragic consequences of that can be".
An East Riding council spokesman warned: "The vehicles which collect waste contain powerful machinery which no one would want to be inside.
"Anyone who decides to sleep inside a bin or similar device is taking their life into their own hands."