Al-Qaeda-linked fighters and Sunni tribes have taken control of key cities in Iraq's Anbar province. Here is a guide to what's happened.
Will Iraqi PM Nouri Maliki steer Iraq into the future, or be cast aside in its first post-occupation polls, asks Michael Knights.
- US tourists return to see Iraqi treasures02:09
- 'Life after Saddam is worse'01:25
- John Simpson returns to Iraq 10 years on02:27
- How the US military adapted in Iraq03:10
- Iraq 'could have been worse than Syria'01:23
- Iraq 'not at peace with itself'02:14
- Iraq's 'torturous transformation' 03:36
- Iraq intelligence: 'Fools gold'03:12
- Baghdad book market 10 years on01:59
- Battling back from Iraq injury03:04
Features and Analysis
It's 10 years since the war in Iraq toppled Saddam Hussein, and since Marwa Shimari lost her leg at the age of 12.
John Simpson remembers the aftermath of a bombing
The spies who misled the world over Iraq's weapons
Impact on those who fought or lost loved ones in the war
Images by award-winning photographer Sean Smith
The difficulties of capturing war for the cinema
Attacks are aimed at exacerbating sectarian tensions
Are Babylonian ruins worth more than oil profits?
Obama declares success in a war he opposed
Iraqi women 'afraid for their country'