Aircraft and weapons involved in airstrikes on IS militants in Syria and Iraq
Cambridge Professor Marc Weller argues the legal case against IS
- Explosions as coalition strikes IS02:46
- Mass escape as IS targets bombed02:08
- Iraq PM: IS threatens Iraq's existence02:38
- Kurdish weapons 'no match' for IS03:21
- View from trenches facing Islamic State02:14
- BBC inside Islamic State 'ghost town'02:31
- Watching IS fight from Turkey01:10
- US military chief on refinery strikes01:54
- 'Refugee numbers growing every day'02:06
- IS 'trafficking Yazidi women for sex'02:59
- Syrian refugees need urgent care02:17
- Iraqi forces 'break siege' of Amerli01:58
- Kurdish father's grief at son's death03:06
- Kurds make gains against Islamic State02:29
- What is a caliphate? In 90 seconds01:30
- Iraqi baby girl named 'refugee'03:14
- Close-up: Mosul dam retaken from IS01:13
- Iraq refugees in 'windswept dustbowl'02:44
- The harsh reality for Yazidi refugees02:13
- Refugee boy 'abandoned in desert'03:11
- IS militants 'not amateur jihadists'02:43
- BBC gains access to Mount Sinjar 02:47
- Refugees told of Yazidi massacre01:10
- Yazidis on the escape from Sinjar01:44
- US and UK 'responsible' for Iraq 02:24
- What aid is UK sending to Iraq?01:28
- The ideology of Islamic State03:14
- Raw video of BBC under ISIS attack04:56
Features and Analysis
The background to the latest insurgency
Resident describes harsh life under Islamic State rule
How enforceable is UN resolution on blocking foreign fighters?
Oil plays a vital role in Islamic State's operations, says David Butter of Chatham House
Escaped Yazidi women tell of ordeal under IS
Resident says civilians will end up paying for air strikes
Where countries stand on the threat from Islamic State
Jihadist ideologue says strikes will boost support for IS in Jordan
Jeremy Bowen on why it is hard to implement US plan
The rise and tactics of the ultra-violent Islamist group
What does IS want?
Islamic State's power comes from diverse sources
How will Obama's anti-IS coalition work?
Will a US-led coalition last long enough to thwart IS?
Shootings, beheadings, stonings - can IS savagery be explained?
Sunni rebels signal readiness to revolt
Time for West to support the 'other' Kurds?
What is the strategic goal for the US is in Iraq?
The Kurdish fighters facing Islamist militants