Chuck Hagel has resigned as US defence secretary after less than two years in the post, following a series of meetings with President Barack Obama.
A grand jury reaches a decision over whether to charge a policeman who killed teenager Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri, family says.
- The first sparks in a Ferguson summer02:02
- On the hunt for warlord Joseph Kony07:33
- Looted 'Nazi art' to be returned01:44
- US police kill boy carrying fake gun01:41
- Cyclists find baby in Sydney drain01:53
- Israel: 'Don't give Iran atomic bombs'01:48
- Volcano erupts on Cape Verde island00:39
- HK murder suspect fit to stand trial01:04
Other Top Stories
Ukraine's president says he intends to hold a referendum on joining Nato, in a move likely to anger Russia.
The case of a businessman who wants to stop malicious web postings about him appearing in Google searches is settled at the High Court.
A Rolling Stone magazine article alleges the University of Virginia is turning a blind eye to sexual assault on campus, raising new questions about college party culture, fraternities and higher education.
- 1D top American Music Awards02:14
- Flying the 'Nintendo' fighter jet01:30
- Can live events save TV ratings?02:42
- One-minute World News01:01
- Blind newsreader: How I deliver news
- First Italian woman arrives at ISS02:02
- Ferguson decision: A timeline of events02:02
- Sir Jackie Stewart: 'A great victory'03:13
Can Villa finally win? Or will the Saints close the gap on Chelsea? Updates and radio commentary, social media and pundit analysis.
How could a baby survive for five days in a drain?
Ferguson pastor invokes civil rights struggles of the past
Why one Irish-American comedian is trying stand-up in Beijing
Mary J Blige adopts a new musical home
The dangers faced by interfaith Egyptian couples
Hopes pinned on Ebola clinical trials in Guinea
Hundreds of homes destroyed by powerful earthquake in Japan
- Where did Chuck Hagel go wrong?
- Hagel 'to quit as US Defence Sec'
- Teacher 'had sex all over school'
- Women not equal to men, says Erdogan
- US death sparks replica gun law call
- Decision reached on Missouri killing
- 'Rape culture' investigation shocks Virginia university
- Falling oil price costs Russia $100bn
- Ukraine will hold Nato referendum
- How can a baby survive in a storm drain?
Last Updated at 15:35 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7912.24||Down||-4.91||-0.06%|