Gaza sees one of its heaviest nights of bombardment, by air, sea and land, after Israel's prime minister warns of a long conflict ahead.
- Numbers behind the conflict
- US-Israel relations strained
- Doucet: Children in conflict
- Who are Hamas?
- Fleeing the violence in eastern Ukraine02:08
- Court to hear 'gay conversion' case02:30
- Are we safe to fly over warzones?04:20
- Sarah Palin launches online channel 01:25
- Tense West Bank watches Gaza02:33
- War nightmares of Syrian children02:15
- Trying to bring MH17 victims home02:29
- Huge fire after rocket hits Libya fuel depot00:59
Other Top Stories
The European Union is set to back new sanctions against Russia, targeting its finance, energy and defence sectors over the conflict in Ukraine.
Microsoft confirms that officials from the Chinese regulatory body responsible for enforcing business laws have visited some of its offices.
- The real Billy Elliot returns home02:26
- Turkish PM scores football hat-trick00:34
- Children go out to celebrate Eid01:11
- One-minute World News01:03
- The facts about global travel02:00
- Mine 'could threaten Barrier Reef'01:31
- The wine collection with a Nazi past01:50
- Dog-friendly buses in Hong Kong01:02
The 298 men, women and children who perished
What happens when lightning hits the sea?
A look at the 'enthusiasm gap' among US voters
Congressman mistakes US officials for Indian diplomats
The Chinese doctors who say they can 'cure' homosexuality
The summer movies criticising US drone policies
Fifty years of data about endangered primates goes online
Kerry's diplomatic efforts draw fire from Israeli media
The child beggars struggling to get by in the Indian capital, Delhi
Nigeria's film industry finds new audiences online
How did Michael Jackson help inspire Indian handbag firm?
- US: Russia 'violated missile treaty'
- Police placing ads on piracy sites
- Blaming Obama for a messy world
- Qatar 2022 'dismay' at workers' pay
- What happens when lightning hits the sea?
- The pre-nup that can end a happy marriage
- Israel steps up bombardment of Gaza
- EU set to widen Russia sanctions
- Migrant benefits to be tightened
- Ronstadt receives White House honour
Last Updated at 05:21 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7210.05||Up||12.93||0.18%|
What is it like to live under the threat of Boko Haram and the Nigerian military?