Two Israeli soldiers and a Spanish UN peacekeeper are killed as Hezbollah militants trade fire with Israeli forces along the Lebanese border.
Residents of New England are digging out after up to 36in (91cm) of snow fell in a day-long blizzard that caused power cuts and paralysed travel.
- City of snipers: BBC goes inside Benghazi03:17
- Fire headcam shows home alone rescue00:54
- Icy blizzard brings Boston to halt01:40
- Veteran news anchor reveals he has ALS01:38
- Syrian children photograph camp life02:47
- How Apple made 'biggest profit ever'01:54
- Tanks found in Brazil warehouse01:02
- What will news look like in 10 years?13:31
Other Top Stories
Residents in the Canadian city of Winnipeg have been instructed to boil their drinking water after testing found E. coli and other bacteria in the water supply.
New Greek PM Alexis Tsipras says his country will not default on its bailout debts, as bank stocks lose more than 25% of their value.
- Ex Greek PM: 'My conscience is clear'00:49
- Snowy Statue of Liberty time-lapse00:12
- 'I had to survive to tell the world'05:00
- 'Holodeck’ recreates crimes in 3D01:25
- One-minute World News01:01
- Unusual baby names: Fad or fab?
- Greece's push for a debt "haircut"01:52
- 'I'm the first in my village to own a fridge'02:31
- Syrian children photograph lives02:47
Updates & social media from Group D as Ivory Coast, Cameroon, Guinea & Mali face the possibility of drawing lots to decide fate.
What Saudis really think about Michelle Obama's bare head
The schoolboy who captivated the internet
What will the news be like in the next decade?
Apple and its $142bn embarrassment of riches
US strategy in Yemen depends on Iran
Should Obama press Saudis more on human rights?
Teacher's 'Frozen' parody is #blizzardof2015 hit
How pallbearers almost dropped Churchill's coffin
Inside the town destroyed by fighting between Kurds and IS
- First Lady headscarf row - do Saudis really care?
- AI will not kill us, says Microsoft
- Florida cat crawls out of grave
- UN peacekeeper killed in Lebanon
- The twins of Auschwitz
- Apple profit 'biggest in history'
- US north-east digs out of heavy snow
- Why is Apple sitting on $142bn?
- N Korea leader 'to visit Russia'
- US warns of more sanctions on Russia
Last Updated at 13:52 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7967.47||Up||64.68||0.82%|
The Muslim woman who became one of the most courageous, unusual secret agents of WW2