Iraq launches a military operation to recapture Saddam Hussein's hometown of Tikrit from Islamic State.
- Battle for Iraq and Syria in maps
- Iraq minorities 'wipeout threat'
- Is this the end of Iraq?
- Iraq country profile
- National pride in Ukraine school01:42
- Fresh violence on Hong Kong streets01:15
- Hands-on with LG Urbane smartwatches01:42
- Ukraine's PM warns of 'tough reforms'02:23
- IS defector: 'Emwazi was a loner'02:27
- Tikrit offensive launched in Iraq01:46
- Prince William welcomed in China00:41
- How tidal lagoon power plants work02:53
Other Top Stories
Police in Bangladesh arrest a radical Islamist for alleged involvement in the hacking to death of atheist writer Avijit Roy.
US Secretary of State John Kerry meets his Russian counterpart for the first time since accusing Russia of lying about its role in Ukraine's war.
- Giant cake served for Rio's birthday01:48
- Baby orangutans need new mum01:28
- One-minute World News01:02
- Astronauts brave third spacewalk in week00:43
- Museum displays Iraq's rich history02:11
- S6 Edge: First look at Samsung phone03:17
- Fighting Patagonia's 'impossible' fire01:28
- Congressman pays 'Downton' decor costs01:29
Premier League news conferences, reaction to Chelsea's League Cup win, Kevin Pietersen vote and the best of social media.
The world's worst interview - with one of the loneliest men on Earth
How St David's Day is marked in one community far from Wales
Rio de Janeiro marks 450 years since it was founded
The hybrid animal causing havoc in the Grand Canyon
On the verge of achieving "a miracle" in Liberia
The students working to resolve the Ukraine crisis
Even Sound of Music film crew surprised by success
The Buddhist monk from Thailand who ordains trees
- How do you solve a problem like the 'Beefalo'?
- US police shoot dead homeless man
- Iraq launches Tikrit operation
- Body at Richard III site 'was woman'
- Will Smith film topples Fifty Shades
- Oligarch faces North Sea deal block
- Rare bear cub found outside circus
- UK cuts 'concern' head of US Army
- UK to pioneer lagoon power plants
- N Korea opens fire as drills start
Last Updated at 06:56 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||8003.74||Up||21.00||0.26%|
A former undercover DEA agent on how to net a drugs kingpin