The Israeli military tells people in Gaza it is resuming operations, as a ceasefire with Hamas crumbles amid reports of at least 30 Palestinian dead.
Twenty-three journals belonging to the war poet Siegfried Sassoon, many written in the trenches, are being published online for the first time.
- Israeli envoy to US defends shelling03:32
- Last of UK traditional scissor makers04:00
- Rare contact with remote Amazon tribe01:31
- New York's 21st Century artisans02:18
- DNA project to transform treatment01:31
- Bags and bling for Indonesia's new rich03:03
- How will default affect Argentina?02:53
- How US Customs combats drug trade01:51
Other Top Stories
The World Health Organization and presidents of West African nations affected by the Ebola outbreak meet in Guinea to announce a new $100m response plan.
A series of gas explosions in the southern Taiwanese city of Kaohsiung kills at least 25 people and injures about 267 others.
- Taiwan blast 'tore up entire street'01:16
- Ukraine: Poor and helpless left behind02:33
- Immersive cinema: Is this the future?04:04
- One-minute World News01:00
- Poodling along in the gymnasium01:32
- Axe crashes through windscreen00:39
- Mystery in the fields as crop circle appears01:34
- The rise and rise of video blogs02:08
Manchester City chief executive Ferran Soriano says the club could send youngsters to their new US franchise in New York.
US lawmakers shown photos of Syrian 'torture'
How do you get your face on the dollar?
World War One battlefields, 100 years on
Is it ever acceptable to wear sunglasses indoors?
Why Poles are eating apples to annoy Putin
Which Star Wars character was banned from a passport?
The shadowy leader behind stunning rise of the Islamic State
- Goalkeepers' penalty 'flaw' revealed
- Poles eat apples to annoy Putin
- The mysterious woman walking across the US
- The love story that's captivated Kenya
- Quiz of the week's news
- Argentina blames US for debt default
- India hires mimics to scare monkeys
- Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi: Islamic State's driving force
- Rebels ambush troops in east Ukraine
- How many men are paedophiles?
Last Updated at 06:19 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7093.47||Down||-10.08||-0.14%|
Theatre director Mehmet Ergen guides us through the politically charged arts scene in Turkey