Canada's air force is desperate to keep rescue planes aloft - even if it has to raid museums for spare parts.
Irate passengers prevent a senior Pakistani politician from boarding a flight, after they were kept on board for two hours until he arrived.
The Bosnian capital sets up a dog-catching service to round up aggressive strays.
Japanese parents are paying for their children to learn proper table manners.
An Australian goldfish called George is recovering from successful microsurgery in which a large tumour was removed from his brain.
A 71-year-old man in China builds his own aircraft and flies in them as a hobby.
A four-year-old in Norway sleepwalks 5km (3 miles) to the nearest town.
Indian cricket bat supplies at risk after Kashmir floods wash away the willow needed to make them.
Hundreds of people have been showing their opposition to a Russian boycott of fruit and vegetables from Europe with a tomato fight in Amsterdam.
Mauritania changes its weekend to do more business with Europe
Northern Ireland school brings back Manx language
How do you commemorate war without glamorising it?
Photos of the rare pygmy hippo born in Swedish zoo
When historical fiction is more truthful than historical fact
Scientists solve Death Valley's 'sliding rocks' puzzle
Would banning high-power appliances actually save energy?
Is the UK unusually fond of lamb and potatoes?
One of Russia's largest banks offers a cat with every mortgage
- Richard III death injuries revealed
- Referendum campaigns make final push
- US man tried to 'swim to N Korea'
- Ebola global security threat - Obama
- US waists 'grow an inch in a decade'
- Senior military in 'Yes' vote warning
- Nasa picks astronaut ship designs
- Nigerian bank robbery nets millions
- Thai woman in crocodile pit suicide
- US man charged with supporting IS