'Chicken bacteria left me paralysed'
Consumers are being warned to stop washing raw chicken as doing so increases the risk of food poisoning.
Rinsing poultry can spread campylobacter onto hands, work surfaces, clothing and cooking equipment and although most people who fall ill from the bacteria will recover, it can cause serious lasting damage.
Ann Edwards told the BBC she was completely paralysed when she fell victim to the bacteria, and that she still has some paralysis in her feet and low stamina more than 17 years later.
- From the section Health