Seychelles shark attack leaves Briton dead
A British man has died in a shark attack while on honeymoon in the Seychelles in the Indian Ocean.
Ian Redmond, 30, from Lancashire, survived the attack off Anse Lazio beach on Praslin, but died afterwards, a local police spokesman said.
He lost an arm and suffered severe hip injuries whilst snorkelling on Tuesday in what was the second fatal shark attack in the same area this month.
A 36-year-old French tourist was killed by a shark off the same beach just over two weeks ago.
Mr Redmond and Gemma Houghton were in the second week of their honeymoon and had been due to fly home on Sunday, a police spokesman said.
Ed Thomas reports.
17 Aug 2011