Harry Mould
Media playback is unsupported on your device
Video

Hospital neglect led to boy's death

"Gross failures" by a hospital contributed to the death of a five-year-old boy, a coroner has ruled.

Harry Mould, of Buckinghamshire, was admitted to Milton Keynes Hospital after an asthma attack in March 2009.

He was transferred to Leicester Royal Infirmary the next day, and died there four days later.

Deputy Leicester coroner Donald Coutts-Wood recorded a narrative verdict and said Harry had died of natural causes, contributed to by neglect.

Jeremy Cooke reports.

  • 16 Dec 2011
  • From the section UK
Go to next video: Hospital sorry for boy's death