Derby house deaths: Police say fire started with petrol
Petrol was used to start a fire in a house in Derby in which six children died, police have said.
A media conference heard officers believe the blaze originated below the home's letterbox.
Jade Philpott, 10, and brothers John, nine, Jack, seven, Jessie, six, and Jayden, five, all died in the fire. Duwayne, 13, died later in hospital.
The children's father, Mick Philpott, said the family had been "overwhelmed" with support from the local community.
The BBC's Chris Buckler reports.
Update 13 February 2013: For legal reasons the original video item on this web page has been removed
16 May 2012
- From the section UK