Jimmy Savile abuse allegations: 'I'm totally convinced'
A former editor of the Sunday Mirror who investigated claims made by two women that they were abused by Jimmy Savile has said he is now "totally and utterly convinced" that they were telling the truth.
Paul Connew said the newspaper interviewed two women who claimed they had been abused by Savile as children, but had decided against running the story at the time.
He insisted that while he personally believed the women were telling the truth, legal advice about the safety of the evidence they gave, along with the power of Jimmy Savile as a celebrity, persuaded him against running the story.
However, with new allegations now being made, Connew is convinced that the women's stories were accurate.
02 Oct 2012
- From the section UK