X-ray image
Media playback is unsupported on your device
Video

Cat survives swallowing TV aerial

A kitten had a lucky escape after he swallowed a 15cm TV aerial and survived

A kitten had a lucky escape after he swallowed a 15cm TV aerial and survived.

Alphie required emergency surgery when the metal antenna became lodged in his oesophagus and stomach.

Owner Vanessa Waite, 36, of Parson Cross, Sheffield, had only owned the young tabby for a few days when he managed to eat the rod.

  • 11 Jan
  • From the section UK