Derby fire deaths: Mick Philpott 'didn't bathe for 12 weeks'
A man accused of starting a fire which killed six of his children said petrol was found on his clothes because he did not have a bath or shower for 12 weeks.
Michael Philpott told jurors his family had been "having the bathroom done" but he did wash his face with water.
He said he may have got fuel on his clothes after lending his neighbour a petrol grass strimmer.
Mr Philpott, his wife Mairead Philpott, and friend Paul Mosley all deny the manslaughter of the children in Derby.
Jeremy Cooke reports.
14 Mar 2013
- From the section UK