Gemma Hardy's feet with blotchy tattoo
Media playback is unsupported on your device
Video

'Tattoo gave me blood poisoning'

A group of the UK's leading tattoo artists has called for tougher regulations across the industry.

They want people to be more aware of the dangers of backstreet parlours and home inking kits bought online.

Gemma Hardy ended up in hospital with blood poisoning after a foot tattoo went wrong.

"I can't be the only horror story out there," she said.

  • 03 May
  • From the section UK
Go to next video: Top five tips for getting a tattoo