Mark Larrimore (l) and Mark Roberts (r)
Media playback is unsupported on your device
Video

Refrigerator gas leak stores 'safe', say emergency services

More than 50 people were examined by paramedics after breathing in gas from a leaking refrigerator at a food store near Southampton.

Hundreds of customers and staff were evacuated from the Sainsbury's and Marks and Spencer store at Hedge End, at about 17:00 BST.

Mark Roberts from South Central Ambulance said the stores are now considered "safe".

  • 17 Sep 2013
  • From the section UK
Go to next video: Casualties treated at retail park