Angie Collins's £18,000 ring
Media playback is unsupported on your device
Video

Woman recovers £18k diamond eaten by dog

An Exmouth woman has recovered the diamond from her £18,000 ring after it was swallowed by a police training dog.

Angie Collins, 51, had to sift through two days-worth of dog waste before the finding the gem on Christmas Day.

The German Shepherd, called Jack, swallowed the diamond after chewing the ring - which belonged to Mrs Collins' late mother.

Mrs Collins, a police dog trainer, told BBC Radio 5 live's Drive: "It was absolutely fantastic as I'd actually given up all hope of finding it.... It makes it even more precious to me now."

  • 08 Jan 2014
  • From the section UK
Go to next video: Star slimming dog drops two stone