Family photograph of Daniel Spargo-Mabbs
Media playback is unsupported on your device

Mother warns of ecstasy risk after son's death

The parents of a schoolboy who died after apparently taking ecstasy hope his story will serve as a warning to others.

Daniel Spargo-Mabbs, 16, fell unconscious after taking the drug at a rave on January 18th and later died in hospital.

The teenager, from Croydon, promised his parents he "wouldn't die" as he left his home earlier in the evening.

Daniel's mother, Fiona, told BBC Radio 5 live's Victoria Derbyshire: "It's dangerous. It killed our son and it will kill other people's sons and daughters."

  • 24 Feb 2014
  • From the section UK
Go to next video: Drug warning after teen's death