exploding charger
Media playback is unsupported on your device
Video

Cheap chargers putting people and homes at risk

Safety experts are warning that the rise of cheap chargers for electrical items like mobile phones, laptops and even e-cigarettes could be putting people and their properties at risk.

It comes after three generations of one family died in a house fire in Sheffield last month.

An investigation is continuing into the blaze but the fire service says it is likely to have been caused by a faulty electrical charger.

Jenny Hill reports.

  • 22 May 2014
Go to next video: Inside mobile quality testing lab