Jasper the Irish setter
Media playback is unsupported on your device
Video

Crufts dog Jasper not 'poisoned' in the UK

A prize winning Irish setter which died after appearing at Crufts ate poisoned meat in Belgium not Birmingham, the Kennel Club has claimed.

The Club have released the results of a post mortem stating the poisoned used was "fast acting" and could not have been ingested in the UK.

The BBC's Jon Brain says the two poisons used would have caused symptoms to show in as little as half an hour.

  • 16 Mar 2015
  • From the section UK
Go to next video: Mystery of dog 'poisoned at Crufts'