The Railway Hotel pub
Media playback is unsupported on your device
Video

Christmas day diner dies after food poisoning bug found

A woman has died and 30 people have fallen ill following a Christmas Day lunch at an east London pub.

Della Callagher died two days after eating at the Railway Hotel in Hornchurch.

The Health Protection Agency (HPA) began an inquiry after a bacterium that can cause food poisoning was found in samples from the affected diners.

Robin Punt reports.

  • 04 Jan 2013
  • From the section England