Curry boss guilty of man's peanut death
Media playback is unsupported on your device
Video

Curry boss guilty of man's peanut death

A restaurant owner has been jailed for six years after a customer died when he ate a curry containing peanuts.

Paul Wilson, 38, suffered anaphylactic shock in January 2014 after eating a takeaway from the Indian Garden in Easingwold, North Yorkshire.

He had warned the restaurant about his allergy but powdered peanuts were used in the curry.

Owner Mohammed Zaman was found guilty of manslaughter on Monday.

  • 23 May 2016
  • From the section England