'Chicken korma almost killed me'
Media playback is unsupported on your device
Video

Peanut curry death: Teenager speaks of almost dying

A teenager has spoken of the moment she suffered a severe reaction after eating a curry that contained peanuts.

Newcastle University student Ruby Scott said she could barely breathe and was rushed to hospital after having the takeaway from a restaurant in Easingwold, North Yorkshire.

Just weeks later Paul Wilson, 38, died when eating a curry from another restaurant run by the same man.

Owner Mohammed Zaman has been found guilty of manslaughter over the death of Mr Wilson.

  • 23 May 2016
  • From the section England