Edlie George Masters
Media playback is unsupported on your device
Video

Birmingham pharmacy ordered to improve after drug mix-up

A pharmacy has been told to improve its procedures after a grandfather was given the wrong medication and died.

Edlie Masters, 83. from Birmingham, ordered paracetamol to numb pain caused by an ulcer on his foot but was given another patient's prescription.

Assistant Coroner Heidi Connor recorded a verdict of accidental death and asked Hurcomb Chemists to put policies in place to stop it happening again.

Midlands Today's Health Correspondent Michele Paduano reports.