Calvin Lock
Media playback is unsupported on your device
Video

Drug allergy boy's fight for life

An 11-year-old boy was left fighting for his life after suffering an allergic reaction to a common over-the-counter drug.

Calvin Lock, from Littleport in Cambridgeshire, was admitted to a specialist burns unit in September after he was given one of the most popular brands of children's medicine containing ibuprofen.

The allergic reaction was so severe surgeons had to remove skin from 65% of his body.

He is now well on the road to recovery.