Boy's death blamed on 'choking game'
Media playback is unsupported on your device
Video

Hereford mum blames son's death on 'choking game'

A mother from Hereford is warning parents about a so-called 'choking game' after her 10-year-old son died.

Louise Hembrow found her son, Alfie Hyett, slumped by his bedroom door three months ago.

She believes he was copying a 'game' that encourages participants to restrict their airways.

At the opening of an inquest, it was said Alfie died of vagal inhibition, which causes the heart to stop through the stimulation of the vagus nerve in the neck.

No evidence was given to the hearing that he died as a result of an accident.

The hearing will resume later this year.