The sewage works called the Cathedral of the Marsh
When Crossness sewage works opened in Abbey Wood, south-east London, in 1866, it was the first building of its kind in the world.
The engines were shut down in the 1950s but volunteers are hoping to regularly open the Grade 1 listed Victorian pumping station for visitors.
03 Aug 2016
- From the section London