E-cigarette warnings after Wallasey man's death
A man has died after an explosion believed to have been triggered by an electronic cigarette being charged, said Merseyside Fire and Rescue Service.
David Thomson, 62, was found in the living room of a house in Penkett Road, Wallasey, where a charging e-cigarette is thought to have ignited oxygen equipment.
Merseyside Fire and Rescue Service said it has been called to nine incidents involving e-cigarettes in the last 18 months and is now including warnings about e-cigarettes on community visits.
08 Aug 2014
- From the section Liverpool