Ecstasy pills
Media playback is unsupported on your device

Martha Fernback MDMA death: Mother says legalise drugs

The mother of an Oxford schoolgirl who died after taking almost pure MDMA has called for the drug to be legalised and regulated.

Martha Fernback suffered a cardiac arrest on 20 July 2013, after swallowing half a gram of 91% pure MDMA powder in the city's Hinksey Park.

Anne-Marie Cockburn urged politicians to change UK drug policy after the inquest recorded a verdict of accidental death.

  • 12 Jun 2014
  • From the section Oxford
Go to next video: Ecstasy death prompts mum's campaign