Inside Imber: Wiltshire's abandoned World War Two ghost village
A "ghost village" which was abandoned during World War Two and later taken over by the military has been opened to the public.
Imber, population zero, is normally closed to civilians as it sits in the middle of the Ministry of Defence's training zone on Salisbury Plain.
It was abandoned in December 1943 when villagers were told by the army to pack their bags and leave and in just over a month it vanished off the map.
This weekend the deserted village and St Giles Church, the only building left intact, is being opened up to visitors.
19 Aug 2016
- From the section Wiltshire