Nicola Reid said her family was shocked to learn that the home broke fire regulations
Media playback is unsupported on your device
Video

Pensioner Kathleen Fegan's family 'shocked' at care home breaches

A west Belfast family whose grandmother died in a fire at a residential care home fire in 2012 is disappointed that the home broke fire regulations in an inspection just two years after the pensioner died.

This was despite the fact that the home is under new management.

Kathleen Fegan, 81, was critically injured in the fire at Owenvale Court, which the police said was accidental.

Her granddaughter, Nicola Reid, said that considering the horrendous circumstances in which her grandmother had died, the family was shocked to learn that the home had failed a number of fire regulations.

BBC News NI Health Correspondent Marie-Louise Connolly reports.