Wild chanterelle mushrooms
Media playback is unsupported on your device
Video

Could you spot an inedible mushroom?

Wild food foragers are being warned to be careful when picking mushrooms because of a rise in cases of mushroom poisoning.

Some wild mushrooms can cause serious illness if eaten and the National Poisons Information Service is warning that cases increase in the autumn when mushrooms are abundant.

BBC Scotland health correspondent Eleanor Bradford thinks she has identified a well known mushroom but has she got it right?

Dr David Genney, a fungus expert with Scottish Natural Heritage, reveals the answer.

Go to next video: The deadly mushrooms in your garden