Media playback is unsupported on your device

Asbestos warning after Coatbridge blaze

Firefighters tackling a blaze at a disused school in North Lanarkshire have warned people living nearby that asbestos is present in the building.

Crews were called to the former Drumpark Primary School in Coatbridge Road, Coatbridge, at about 07:00 on Thursday.

The Scottish Fire and Rescue Service said the building had been "severely damaged" in the blaze.

Local people have been advised to keep their windows closed due to the presence of asbestos at the site.

  • 23 Apr 2015