Veterans charity Erskine marks centenary
Erskine hospital was founded 100 years ago to treat amputees returning from World War One.
It was originally known as the Princess Louise hospital for limbless sailors and soldiers set up in 1916.
The hospital's first patient register has been discovered and has now come to Glasgow University.
Sir William McEwan founded Erskine Hospital and was also professor of surgery at Glasgow University.
29 Mar 2016
- From the section Glasgow & West Scotland