Mason Jones' mother Sharon Mills backs hygiene ratings
The mother of a five-year-old boy who died in Wales' largest E. coli outbreak has backed plans to make visible food hygiene ratings compulsory for restaurants and cafes in Wales.
Mason Jones, from Deri, near Bargoed, Rhymney Valley, died in 2005 and a further 157 people - mostly children - became ill during the outbreak.
A butcher was prosecuted for breaking food safety laws and was jailed for a year in 2007.
As Assembly Members prepare to vote on plans to force businesses to display the 0 to 5 ratings - which are currently voluntary - his mother Sharon Mills spoke to Radio Wales' Oliver Hides.
22 Jan 2013