Gareth Colfer-Williams
Media playback is unsupported on your device

Measles sufferer Gareth Colfer-Williams died from pneumonia

A man died from pneumonia after contracting measles during an outbreak of the disease in Swansea, an inquest has found.

Gareth Colfer-Williams, 25, was found dead on his sofa in his flat on 18 April, days after seeing GPs complaining of a rash all over his body.

Coroner Philip Rogers recorded a verdict of death from natural causes.

Health officials have said the epidemic in the area is slowing.

Cemlyn Davies reports for BBC Wales Today.

Measles caused man's fatal pneumonia

  • 01 Jul 2013
  • From the section Wales