E. coli deaths 'caused by infection prevention failure'
A failure in preventing infections was the most likely cause of an E. coli outbreak at a hospital where two premature babies died after contracting the bug, a health watchdog has found.
The outbreak at Swansea's Singleton Hospital involved a mother, her twins and a third baby in November 2011.
All three babies and the twins' mother were found to have the same EBSL strain of E. coli.
Cemlyn Davies reports.
24 Mar 2014
- From the section Wales