Damaged house in Tycroes
Media playback is unsupported on your device
Video

Tycroes house fire and 'explosion' leaves two hurt

Two men have been taken to hospital after reports of an explosion causing a house fire in Carmarthenshire.

Local residents reported hearing a loud bang from the property in Hafod Road, Tycroes, at 16:20 BST on Monday.

Mid and West Wales Fire and Service said the house had been extensively damaged and the cause of the fire would be investigated.

Gas and electricity engineers were called to the scene but officials would not confirm reports of a gas explosion.

  • 04 Aug 2014
  • From the section Wales