Fatal Llanrwst fire started in tumble dryer
The only survivor of a fire in the Conwy Valley has described how he tried and failed to save the two men who died.
Garry Lloyd Jones, 48, lost his partner, Bernard Hender, 19, and business partner Doug McTarvish, 39, in the fire in a flat in Llanrwst town centre.
He said he was awoken by smoke at around 06:00 BST last Friday and tried to pull Mr Hender out while screaming for Mr McTarvish.
An investigation found the fire started in a tumble dryer.
16 Oct 2014
- From the section Wales