Marc Caldecott
Media playback is unsupported on your device
Video

Diet pill death student Eloise Parry's campaign hope

A student who died after taking what is thought to have been "highly toxic" diet pills bought online had wanted to campaign about the tablets at her university in Wrexham, it has been claimed.

Eloise Aimee Parry, 21, from Shrewsbury, died in hospital on 12 April after becoming unwell.

Police said the tablets were believed to contain dinitrophenol, known as DNP, an industrial chemical.

Marc Caldecott, vice president of Glyndwr University's Student Guild, said he had been approached by Miss Parry who wanted to campaign against the use of diet pills.

  • 21 Apr 2015
  • From the section Wales
Go to next video: Toxic diet pills 'a one-way trip'