Philippa Gillespie penicillin death: 'She told five different people'
A Pembrokeshire cancer patient died from an allergic reaction to penicillin administered in error by hospital staff, an inquest has heard.
Philippa Gillespie, 59, was admitted to Withybush Hospital, Haverfordwest, on 8 January 2014 with symptoms relating to her terminal lung cancer.
She was prescribed Augmentin, despite her penicillin allergy listed on her notes, and died three days later.
Coroner Mark Layton recorded a narrative verdict at the inquest.
After the inquest, Mrs Gillespie's long term partner, Roy Conolly, of Haverfordwest, said information about the allergy was "all over her notes and she told five different people".
26 May 2016
- From the section Wales