Tributes left outside the house in Alltwen
Media playback is unsupported on your device
Video

Alltwen neighbours 'in shock' after fatal house fire

A four-year-old boy has died following a fire at a house in Neath Port Talbot.

Fire crews were called to the property in Lon Tanyrallt, Alltwen, near Pontardawe, at 01:40 BST on Wednesday.

Jac Davies was rescued from an upstairs bedroom but died at the scene.

His three-year-old brother was also rescued and taken to Swansea's Morriston Hospital along with his sister, six, an 11-month-old brother and their mother who had all managed to escape the blaze.

Family friend Marie Morris described him as a "lovely boy" and said people in the community were "devastated and shocked".

  • 27 Jul 2016
  • From the section Wales